Monday, November 19, 2007

My weekend at mount st.mary's college

As you all know, I didn't go away to college, and not many of my friends went away either. My friend Amanda went away to college about 90 minutes away from here. She goes to Mount St. Mary College is Newbourgh, New York. Last weekend Me and my friend Alyssa who also goes to St. Johns, went up to Amanda's college for the whole weekend. It was a beautiful campus, and the dorms were amazing. Living home while going to college, you dont really get the whole college effect. Especially the living on your own. Dorming for a whole weekend, was so much fun, I didnt want to leave. I thought that living on your own would be somewhat difficult, but in reality it is better! The only problem was that we didnt have a car because neither me nor alyssa were allowed to drive up. So all weekend we had to relay in taxis. The first night we were there we called for a taxi. They said they would be there in 15-20 minutes. A half hour passes by, no taxi. So we call. They said they were on their way. An hour passes by, still no taxi. So we call again. Again, they said they are on their way. After waiting another 15 minutes we gave up. No taxi wound up showing up that night. Thank god we were on campus instead of being off campus and being stranded in town. That would have been terrible. All in all though, being at my friends college was so much fun, and i can't wait to do it again.

No comments: