Monday, November 19, 2007

My Second Home

I am fortunate enough to have 2 homes. One on Staten Island, and a vacation home in Upstate, New York. This house is on a dirt road, 15 minutes away from the nearest town. Can you say boring? Yes, that it is. Extremley boring! When i was younger i used to love to go up there. My family and I would go up there almost every weekend. In the summer, we would go to water parks, swim in the lake that is on our road with friends, and even go to festivals at the ski mountain. In the winter, we would go skiing, play in the snow. Now that I am older, i hate to go up there. There is not much for me to do. I do not like to ski any more and swimming in a lake isnt as fun to me. Usually i go up to my house maybe twice a year. My parents still go, but my sister and i stay home. I still think it is a beautiful how, and i am very fortunate to have it. I think i will appreciate it more when i am able to bring my friends up for a weekend without my parents being there.

No comments: