Sunday, October 28, 2007

How I Hate My Job

Currently, I am working at Silver Lake Golf Course, in what is called the Grill Room. I only work here one day a week, but it is the worst day of the week. This job requires me to be there by 6 in the morning. So this means that I have to be awake by 5. As a teenager, it is very hard for me to do. I feel as if my Saturday nights are ruined because i dont like to be out late because of the time that i have to be awake. If i am up too late the night before work, I feel sick in the morning. At Silver Lake it is very hectic and the pay is not very good. I have come to hate golfers. Most of these men are incredibly impatient and extremley nasty. Sometimes when there is quite a few people waiting to be helped it can become very hectic. This is when the men become extremley nasty. For example, i could be ringing up a customer, and another man with come to where the cash register is and start telling me his order. Not with a "can i have either". It an "i want, or ill have" This bugs me because they see how busy i am. I like the people that i work with though, they are all very nice. But the golfers and the hours are terrible, so i am currently going to look for a new job because i cannot stand working there anymore. Before this job, i used to work at Staten Island Paintball. As a teenager, its the job of your dreams. At the age of 17, i was classified as Assitant Manager, making $10 an hour off the books. This place was more than a job. It was one of my favorite places to be. Everyone that worked there had an amazing bond. It was like one giant family. We all enjoyed what we did, and even on my days off, i was still there. Starting the job not knowing anything about the sport, i soon came to love it, started playing it, and even got my own paintball gun. I quit after new owners took over the place because i would no longer be assistant manager and only be paid minimum wage. None of the other workers were going to work there any more either, so i didnt think it would be worth working there. I miss that job sooo much, I wish i never quit and i hope that soon i can quit Silver Lake.

No comments: